Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Best is Yet to Come

I'd like to just skip over the whole blogging about Christmas break bit because not much happened. I can sum it up in about one sentence: I went home, made cookies, ate a big dinner, got most everything that I wanted for Christmas, got to see almost everyone again, made some money, and got to hang out with Kiah for a few hours and catch up on life with her. There! 2 week in one sentence.
Coming back was probably the best part BECAUSE I got to move into my new hotel room! Ok, it's an apartment but it FEELS like a hotel! The lobby is amazing, the TWO lounges are decked out with a kitchen and lots of comfy sofas and a BIG A@@ TV! There is a work out room and a dance studio and a practice room and a lot of study rooms too. The apartment itself is very cute. You walk into thew kitchen (big kitchen) which has a lot of storage for food a pantry too. The living room is an open space with (soon to be comfy) couches and a 42" wall mount TV. Add my super cool blue ray DVD player with Netflix on it, and our living room is pretty much the bomb! Then there is a long hallway off the kitchen (with a door to cut it off from the rest of the apartment so we can pretty much blare our music and walk around in our underwear :P) My favorite part is we have our own laundry room! With shelves! Tee Hee :)  There are 2 bathrooms and so we have 2 vanities too! Caitlin, Melissa, and I share our own bathroom and the other 2 roomies we haven't met yet share the other one. We only have 5 people in our apartment this year instead of 6 which is nicer! Caitlin has her own room, Melissa and I share the middle one, and the 2 strange roomies share the back room.
Yesterday Melissa and I got most of our stuff unpacked and set up! Except our clothes..We will get around to them eventually..Maybe.  So today, that will be our goal. And to go to the store and get some stuff for classes.
Best part? We just decorated our bathroom mirror with a bunch of stuff we love about Caitlin to surprise her! I think this is going to be the best semester ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment